Find out more about Denver Crop Mob at our new website, hosted by Slow Food Denver. Making plans for 2013 already…
Fall is in the air, finally….
Join us to help Star Acre Farms get ready for the fall pumpkin patch and put the garden to bed. Here’s a link to sign up for our last Denver Crop Mob of the season. Hope to see you there!
Treated to great cool weather on Weds, our Mob of three helped Nick, Andy and Jessie get it done! Then, in the hot hot hot weather of June, a Mob of 8 pulled out plants and cleared an overgrown “food forest” to allow herbs to grow for food pantries. Next Crop Mob is August 4th at Denver Green School. Join us!
Sunday we gathered to plant some beautiful seedlings out into the field at H2Organics. After a quick tour of the hydroponic greenhouse (awesome tomatoes, BTW), we set to work filling the field. By noon, all was planted and we grabbed a terrific lunch featuring tomato salad (of course) and chatted about how much you can get done in just 3 hours.
Pictures at our Facebook Page. Like us!
Fifteen hardy souls braved the rain last Saturday to create an urban food forest on behalf of Mo’ Betta Green Marketplace, in front of Green Spaces’ location in Five Point. A great, soggy time was had by all!
Join us at the next Crop Mob at H2Organic Farms!
Terrific Crop Mob today in Littleton. We weeded, amended, hoped Eric wouldn’t make us pull up turf, admired cat structures and sky-high picnic tables, and enjoyed a great meal. Thanks to Chris for sharing her home and garden, and to Eric for the Bette Croquere chili. See you at the next one! More pics on Facebook!
Thanks to Oz Osborn for highlighting us in www.Elephantjournal.com. We hope they get something going in Boulder soon too!
2012 is shaping up to be a great year!
Here are our scheduled events so far:
- April 7 – create a garden from scratch at The Garden, a new restaurant located at 3435 Albion in Park Hill. The Garden Family wants to grow much of the produce they will use in the kitchen. sold out!
- May 5 – dig in and help South Metro Urban Farmer’s kick off their 2nd season of Neighborhood Supported Agriculture by planting seeds and seedlings in the heart of old Littleton. sold out! Click here to be wait listed for this event.
- May 19 – help Mo’ Betta Green Marketplace create a garden to feed their cooking demonstrations, held at their market downtown. Location is most likely the Sustainability Park. Click here to register for this event.
- June 21 – Mid-Summer Night at Produce Denver at Denver ‘s Sustainability Park, located at 2500 Lawrence Street. They will find us something to do! Click here to register for this event.
- June 24 – return to Ekar Farm to complete a variety of chores as the season will be in full swing by then. They will find us something to do! Click here to register for this event.
- August 4 – work day at Sprout City Farms, located at Denver Green School and one of 3 pilot farming projects on DPS acreage. Click here to register through Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado for this event.
- Sept 8 – plant an orchard (if the grant goes through) at the Rocky Mountain MS Center.
- Sept 29 – Star Acre Farms Details to follow.
More Denver Crop Mobs are in the works, so check back often for updates.